Prabhu Deva is a Jack of all trades. The man’s a choreographer, director, and an actor.
Prabhu, who is the son of famous choreographer Mugun Sundar, started his dancing career learning Bharatanatyam before moving on to Western dance genres too.
His first dance appearance was in Mouna Ragam’s “Panivizhum Iravu”. Since then, he has gone on to dance in several other movies. With Vetri Vizha, Prabhu reached a personal milestone—it’s the first movie he has ever choreographed for.
Extending his skills, Prabhu scored a Vijay Award when he won the Favourite Director award for his directing of Pokkiri. His current movie, Gulaebaghavali¸ has earned multiple praises all over the world.
Here are more lesser-known facts about the king of dance:
- He doesn’t smoke.
- Inspired by his father, Prabhu developed an interest in dancing at a very young age.
- He has choreographed dances for more than 100 movies!
- In December 2008, he lost his eldest son, Basasavaraju, to brain tumour.
- Prabhu has won two National Awards for Best Choreography—one in 1996, and another in 2014.
- He is one of few celebrities who have been honored with a wax statue at the Celebrity Wax Statue Museum of Lonavala.
- Apart from Tollywood and Kollywood movies, he has also directed many Bollywood movies such as Wanted (2009), Rowdy Rathore (2012), and Action Jackson (2014).
Image via m.behindwoods.com
Filled Under :
*We reserve the right to delete comments that contain inappropriate content.