Main image via Rocking Recipes
Desserts are the highlight of any Indian festival. However, they can sometimes require a lot of work to make. Well, not this coconut laddu recipe. All you need is just 15 minutes! You can even make this in advance for those unannounced guests on Deepavali!
Here’s what you need:
- 1¼ cup coconut, freshly grated or frozen
- 3 cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- Boil the milk and coconut in a heavy bottom pan over medium high heat. Stir occasionally.
- After the milk boils, reduce the heat to medium. Cook for another 25 to 30 minutes, until the coconut is thick and creamy.
- Add sugar and cardamom to the coconut and cook for another seven to eight minutes. Stir continuously. The coconut mix will look thick and crumbly in consistency.
- Turn off the heat at this stage.
- Spread the coconut mix on the plate and let it cool to room temperature.
- Take about two tablespoons of coconut mixture into your palm. Gently press to form a smooth and round ball.
Check out the video tutorial:
There you go—cravings for sweets, satisfied!
Filled Under :
*We reserve the right to delete comments that contain inappropriate content.