Main image via YouTube
Barfi, also known as borfi or burfi, is a dense milk-based sweet confectionery from India. The name is a derivative of the Persian word ‘barf’, which means ‘snow’.
To make this delicious dessert, you only need four ingredients and 10 minutes… which makes this a convenient treat to make for your Deepavali open-house.
- 1¼ cup milk powder
- ⅛ cup ghee
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Saffron strands, optional
- Almond nuts, sliced, optional
- Heat ghee on a non-stick pan, add milk powder, milk and mix. Sautee this for 30 seconds to one minute till it’s well combined.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mix well. In one to two minutes, the ghee will start to leave the sides of the pan.
- When this happens, immediately pour it in a grease pan and top with saffron and nuts.
- Leave to cool for five minutes. Then, slice and serve.
Give this a try and let us know how it turns out!
Info via Yummy Tummy Arthi
Filled Under :
*We reserve the right to delete comments that contain inappropriate content.